APPRISE is a federally funded health insurance counseling program for Pennsylvanians eligible for Medicare. The program helps seniors and people with disabilities enroll in Medicare—the federal insurance program that pays for hospitalization, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and related medical services. In Philadelphia, APPRISE is administered by Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA).
The Mayor’s Commission on Aging has counselors who can discuss what Medicare options work best for you.
What can APPRISE counselors help me do?
- Change Part D Drug Plan for 2020
- Change Advantage Plan for 2020
- Move from a Medigap to an Advantage Plan
- Find out if your current Plan will continue next year
- See if your doctors are still in your Plan
- See if your Plan will cover your prescriptions next year
- Learn about premiums, deductibles, and co-pays for next year
- Find out about cost-savings programs
- Learn about new benefits that may be available
How can I get in touch with an APPRISE counselor?
Counselors can offer information over the phone, by email, or in person. Contact Joan Adler, APPRISE Program Coordinator at the Mayor’s Commission on Aging, for more information.
Address: 100 South Broad Street, 4th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Do you know of additional resources to assist with Medicare enrollment? Please contact Claudia Tasco at Claudia.Tasco@Phila.gov or 215-686-2798 to get them added to the list.