What we do
The Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities houses the Mayor’s Commission on People with Disabilities and the Office of ADA Compliance. Both offices work to make Philadelphia a better place for people with disabilities.
The Mayor’s Commission on People with Disabilities:
- Advocates for policies, programs, and systemic changes that maximize independence and community integration for Philadelphians with disabilities.
- Provides resources and referrals to local organizations that support residents with disabilities.
- Educates the community on the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Act, and other laws that protect the civil rights of people with disabilities.
The Office of ADA Compliance:
- Writes policies and procedures, and develops resources to ensure equal access to City-provided services, programs, and activities for people with disabilities.
- Educates employees and City entities on disability-related laws.
- Oversees the Philadelphia transition plan and structural access within City buildings.
- Responds to grievances from residents with disabilities who feel discriminated against.
Together, these two offices help ensure those with disabilities have equal and equitable access to:
- Employment opportunities.
- Accessible and affordable housing.
- Elementary and secondary education.
- Health care.
- Recreation, arts, and culture.
- Government services and buildings.
The Mayor’s Commission on People with Disabilities invites you to join us for our Fall Town Hall
- When: October 27,2021; 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Virtually on Zoom
- Register in advance online.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
*ASL and Closed Captioning will be provided; to request additional ADA accommodations please email or call Claudia Tasco (Claudia.Tasco@phila.gov or 215-686-2798) by October 20, 2021.
- 7:00 p.m. – 7:10 p.m.: Welcome
- 7:10 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Update on the ADA Transition Plan
- 7:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.: Updates on current and upcoming work of the Commission
- 7:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Public Comments: Residents and families can share their input to support the work of the Commission going forward.
|Name||Job title||Phone #||Social|
|Adrienne Ewing||Director of ADA Complianceemail@example.com||(215) 686-2194|
|Amy Mathewson Millar||Executive Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||(215) 686-2162|
|Claudia Tasco||Constituent Services Coordinatoremail@example.com||(215) 686-2798|