Eligible senior citizens in Philadelphia can set themselves up for big savings on their residential water bill. The Senior citizen water bill discount reduces your monthly water, sewer, and stormwater charges by 25%. To receive the discount, you must:
- Be at least 65 years old.
- Live at the address listed on the application.
- Have the water and sewer bill in your name.
- Have a total annual household income of $32,300 or less.
If you think you qualify, please complete an application form. You’ll need to provide two proofs of residency, such as state-issued ID and a utility bill. You must also provide proof of income for everyone in the household.
When you fill out an application, have a recent water bill handy. This makes it easy to find your Water Access Code and other necessary information.
There’s no specific application form for the Senior citizen water bill discount program. We have a one-stop customer assistance application you can complete online or on paper.
We’ll review all the information and enroll you in the program that gives you the lowest monthly bill.
Need help filling out the application? Reach out to:
- the Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF); or
- Community Legal Services (CLS); or
- your local Neighborhood Energy Center (NEC).
Here is a map with the location of many of our partners’ locations across Philadelphia.
You can also call (215) 686-6300 with any questions, or to request a paper application.
Photo picture: Philadelphia Parks & Recreation / Flickr