This June, stop by LOVE Park for a special Live at LOVE series. Live at LOVE is a weekly live performance in the park, held on Tuesdays and Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. The performances are offered by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy.
Live at LOVE will present an amazing lineup of performers and entertainers to help celebrate Philly’s Immigrant Heritage Month and Pride!
- Jacopo performs traditional Italian folk music on Friday, June 7.
- Minas tantalizes us with their Brazilian jazz styles on Tuesday, June 11.
- Alex Moreno, Venezuelan Tenor singing Latin American music on Friday, June 14.
- Glitter and Garbage Cabaret takes over in style on Tuesday, June 18.
- Francois Zayas plays beautiful Cuban jazz on Friday, June 21.
- Alexia & Tati combine Spanish & English lyrics with rhythms of Brazilian music resulting in a multi-cultural Jazz and R&B sound on Tuesday June 25th.
- Stosis plays a medley of Irish tunes on Friday, June 28.
To kick off the festivities, we have two special events planned for opening week. Details are below. We hope you can come celebrate!
Tuesday, June 4, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
In collaboration with the Stand With Immigrants Initiative and the Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs, LOVE Park will unveil a new, temporary sculpture called “I ♥ Philly.” Park patrons will be encouraged to place a sticker with their country’s flag on the ♥ in the sculpture. The day will also feature:
- a speaking program.
- a special performance by KYL/D.
- the first Live at LOVE performance at noon.
Thursday, June 6, 6 – 8 p.m.
Come out to LOVE Park after the Pride flag-raising ceremony at City Hall! We’ll host an evening of music, games, activities, drinks, food, and friends. In collaboration with the Office of LGBT Affairs and the Mazzoni Center, we’ll have:
- a beer garden.
- a bounce house.
- LGBT youth area with games and non-alcoholic options.
- a lineup of LGBT-owned food trucks.