Starting with payments due in April 2018 for Tax Year 2017, taxpayers who owe $5,000 or more for the Business Income and Receipts Tax or the Net Profits Tax are required to pay those taxes electronically.
Why Electronic Payment?
- Immediate Confirmation – You’ll get notification right away that the payment was made and what account it was applied to.
- Fewer Mistakes – Lost mail, no need to decipher handwriting, and other drawbacks of paper checks can delay or prevent your payment from getting applied correctly; resulting in late fees and headaches.
- Less Hassle – No need to come to our office, deal with stamps and envelopes or make a trip to the mailbox .
- Lower Cost – With eCheck, there is no cost to the taxpayer, and lower processing costs for the City for all electronic payments means more funds can go directly to City services.
Taxpayers can make these electronic payments through:
- eCheck – FREE
- Credit & debit cards – Service fee of 2.45% for payments made with credit cards. Visa debit cards have a $5.95 payment processing fee
- ACH – FREE, but requires enrollment
- Professional off-the-shelf tax preparation software packages
How to Pay by Online
- File your return (online, through your tax professional, or paper)
- Visit www.phila.gov/pay
- Click either “Business Income and Receipts” or “Net Profits”
- Follow the online prompts
What you’ll need to pay online:
- Your Federal Entity Identification Number (EIN);
- Or your Social Security Number (SSN);
- Or your Philadelphia Tax Account Number
- Your Philadelphia Department of Revenue PIN (Personal Identification Number) – you can get one through the same page if you don’t already have one.
- The Routing Number of your Financial Institution and your account number if paying by eCheck.
- Email Revenue@phila.gov or call 215-686-6600