Are you opening a restaurant?
Planning a study?
Looking for information about tobacco laws?
This page has many of the permits and forms you'll need for a wide range of activities and issues. Businesses may find additional permits and forms at the City of Philadelphia's Business Services Center.
- Air Pollution Permit and License Applications and Forms to install or operate equipment that emits or controls air pollution.
- Asbestos Control Unit Permit and License Applications and Forms
- Instructions and Application Form for a Philadelphia Body Art Artist/Apprentice Certificate
- Instructions and Application Form for a Philadelphia Body Art Establishment Certificate
- Body Art Plan Review for New Body Art Establishments
This committee ensures that all research involving PDPH data, staff or clients supports the mission of the Department.
- HCO Review Committee Submission Form
- Protocol – proposals for research or public health analysis
- Protocol – manuscripts for publication and conference presentations
- Protocol – conference abstract submissions
- Full protocol – HCO Review Committee
- Portable Toilet Permit Application
- Storage/Holding Tank Permit Application
- Septic Systems Application
Contact the Environmental Engineering Office at 215-685-7342
- Information on Wastewater Management (PA Department of Environmental Protection)
- Infectious waste plan application and instructions
- Regulations Governing Disposal of Infectious Wastes from Hospitals, Healthcare Facilities and Laboratories
- Proposal Submission Application
- Exempt Study Application
Please be sure to also submit the Proposal Submission Application
- Consent Form Requirements
- Waiver or Alteration of Informed Consent or Waiver of HIPAA Authorization Summary Information Sheet
- Conflict of Interest Form
- Revisions to an Already Approved Study Form
- Laws and regulations for public swimming and bathing places
- Information on the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act
Several Philadelphia laws concern the promotion, sale and use of tobacco products. Retailers and businesses should become familiar and compliant with these laws to help ensure the success of their business and to protect and promote the health of all Philadelphians.
For permit applications, forms, and other helpful resources for tobacco retailers, click here.