Planning, Preservation and Property Management
Assist Friends Organizations
- Building and landscape preservation
- Preservation planning and designation
- Historic collections management
- Interpretative programs
- Project development and archaeology
- Enhance programs
- Properties and collections within the park system.
In 1992 Fairmount Park drafted a city ordinance to create a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, known as the Fairmount Park Historic Preservation Trust, to assist with leasing underutilized historic properties in the park system and provide hands-on technical conservation services for historic resources.
Since its formation, the Trust and the parks department have worked hand-in hand to raise millions of dollars for the preserve of the park’s cultural assets.