In order to register your Life Partnership, you must provide us with a Verification Statement and evidence that you and your partner have been “interdependent” for at least three months.
You must include with the Verification Statement at least two of the following:
- Common ownership of real property or a common leasehold interest in property;
- Common ownership of a motor vehicle;
- Driver’s licenses or other state-issued identification listing a common address;
- Proof of joint bank accounts or credit accounts;
- Proof of designation as a beneficiary for life insurance or retirement benefits, or beneficiary designation under a partner’s will;
- Proof of appointment as attorney-in-fact or agent under a partner’s durable power of attorney or health care power of attorney.