Parkside Avenue has a higher rate of severe traffic crashes than the average Philadelphia street. To address this issue, the City met with local residents and community organizations to gather feedback on the avenue's safety. Transportation safety improvements are planned for 2020–2023.
The improvements will happen in phases. As part of this project, we will:
- Repave and restripe the roadway.
- Reorganize the roadway to calm vehicle speeds.
- Add concrete bump-outs and other intersection improvements.
- Install new signals and crosswalks, and shorten crossing distances.
- Add parking-protected bicycle lanes to help keep pedestrians and bicyclists safe.
- Add dedicated bus-boarding islands.
- Upgrade an important link in the bicycle and trail network, including a new trail to connect to the Cynwyd Trail.
In early 2021, there will be opportunities to view project ideas and offer feedback on options for several safety projects. If you have questions or concerns, contact us at email@example.com