Get Healthy Philly’s Injury Prevention Program works to create a safe environment for all Philadelphia residents. Our program currently focuses on reducing and preventing gun violence. Future efforts will expand to address motor vehicle collisions and pedestrian injuries, and alcohol-related injuries and deaths. We work to:
- Support an evidence-based approach to violence reduction.
- Promote the safe storage of firearms, especially around children and youth.
- Promote opportunities for youth that minimize exposure to violence and promote safety.
- Partner with community leaders, law enforcement, and academic institutions to study what works in reducing gun violence.
- Monitor and study injuries throughout the city to modify prevention efforts with real-time information.
- Monitor and study the factors that contribute to violence and injury.
We also work closely with the Mayor’s Office to implement the recommendations of The Philadelphia Roadmap for Safer Communities, a five-year plan to fight gun violence in Philadelphia.
You can watch videos outlining policies that have potential to reduce violence:
Many other organizations work to understand and prevent gun violence. Among them, we particularly benefit from the experience and expertise of:
Learn more about gun control policies in Philadelphia.