Through the Achieving Independence Center (AIC), DHS provides resources, classes, employment, and housing services to youth who are preparing to age out of the system. The AIC is a one-stop shop for older youth to get the tools they need to be independent and thrive.
Transitioning to adulthood can be overwhelming, especially for youth in foster care. The Achieving Independence Center (AIC) is a safe and communal space for teens and young adults, ages 14-21, who are currently in foster care or have been in Philadelphia foster care. AIC coaches help youth:
- Complete high school/GED.
- Enroll in college/vocational school.
- Improve computer literacy.
- Find employment/career planning.
- Find housing.
- Achieve permanency.
- Expand their personal development.