What we do
The Office of LGBT Affairs works to foster equitable working and living conditions for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people and to advocate for LGBTQ issues in all areas of City government. Created in 2008 by mayoral executive order, the Office of LGBT Affairs became a permanent part of the City’s charter in 2015. The office aims to:
- Develop City policy regarding civil rights issues affecting LGBTQ people.
- Help enact policies and programs to meet the City’s diversity, equity, inclusion goals.
- Coordinate among City departments, agencies, and offices to improve LGBTQ access to services, and to promote equity and safety for LGBTQ people.
- Support the growth and development of the City’s LGBTQ communities and serve as a liaison between the area’s LGBTQ communities and the City.
- Provide education about the needs of the LGBTQ community.
You can learn more about our key partnerships with City and community organizations.
Mar31EventTrans Day of Visibility Flag Raising Eevnt12:00 pm to 1:30 pmEvent
Trans Day of Visibility Flag Raising EevntMarch 31, 202412:00 pm to 1:30 pm, 2 hours
Apr25EventPhilly Black PrideAll DayEvent
Philly Black PrideApril 25, 2024All Day
May31EventPride Month Kickoff Flag Raising Event12:00 pm to 1:30 pmEvent
Pride Month Kickoff Flag Raising EventMay 31, 202412:00 pm to 1:30 pm, 2 hours