The City of Philadelphia is making it easy for you to search a water lien anywhere, anytime. We launched our new, user-friendly water lien search website on July 19.
The new site offers greater flexibility to title companies, or anyone searching water lien information for a Philadelphia property.
You can look forward to:
- Searching water lien information from your phone or a computer.
- Viewing more than 10 years of water lien information instantly.
- Relying on on-screen help or instructions to make your navigation smooth.
And the best news: You no longer have to travel to City Hall to conduct these searches!
Previously, water lien information for Philadelphia properties was available on desktop computers located in the Office of Judicial Records in City Hall. But with our new system, you can search a water lien from your home, office, or on the go.
Our new website gives you direct access to detailed court information about liens that the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania (FJD) dockets.
Searching the website is easy and secure. You do not need to register or apply for an account with us before using it. All you need is your property address or water account number.
- To search by address, enter the street number and street name.
- To search by account number, enter your account number. You can find this on your water bill. You must enter all 16 digits with no hyphens or spaces.
You can also pay your water bills using our easy-to-use e-Billing portal.
For more information on resolving water liens, click this link Resolve water liens & judgments | Service | City of Philadelphia.