Residents can visit a household hazardous waste drop-off event to properly recycle and dispose of hazardous materials in their homes. If not properly handled, household hazardous waste items can be harmful to people, pets, and the environment.
Taking these materials to a household hazardous waste drop-off event helps prevent contamination to the environment and possible harm to sanitation collection workers.
Drop-off events are held at sanitation convenience centers from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- Saturday, May 15, 4800 Parkside Ave.
- Saturday, June 19, Domino Ln. and Umbria St.
- Friday, July 16, 8401 State Rd.
- Saturday, September 25, 22nd and York Sts.
- Saturday, October 9, 3033 South 63rdSt.
- Saturday, November 6, 3901 North Delaware Ave.
COVID-19 protocols require residents to register to drop off materials:
- Use the online registration.
- Drop-offs are scheduled in 15-minute increments, with up to 15 pre-registered participants scheduled during each block of time.
- Residents receive an email confirmation with their scheduled day, time, and location.
- A copy or screenshot of the confirmation should be retained.
During the household hazardous waste events, follow the directions of trained staff:
- Arrive at selected location at scheduled time.
- Remain inside your vehicle.
- Staff will collect, sort, and package items for proper disposal.
- Computers are not accepted at household hazardous waste events. They can be taken to sanitation convenience centers.
- Latex or water-based paint is not hazardous and can be placed in the regular trash if the paint is dried up or absorbed with material, such as kitty litter.
- Materials generated by a business will not be accepted.