For six weeks every summer, more than 100 playgrounds and rec centers across the city run neighborhood day camps. Parks & Rec summer day camps are staples of a Philly summer, and typically include trips to the pool, arts and crafts, and all types of games, competitions, and creative fun.
This summer, with safety protocols in place, Parks & Rec is prepared to welcome thousands of campers to join us for a summer to remember. Last summer, we ran over 100 safe, modified summer camps, serving over 2000 campers.
Here are five fast facts about Parks & Rec 2021 summer day camp:
- Camp starts on Tuesday, July 6 and runs through Friday, August 13.
- COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place, including: daily symptoms checks, mandatory masks, and social distancing.
- Each year more than 1,000 Philly teens work as camp counselors for their neighborhood day camp.
- This year, all campers and staff will be assigned to a group that stays together all summer. The “cohort model” helps limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Camp registration is completed on a site-by-site basis.
Parks & Rec neighborhood day camps are now registering campers. Contact your local playground or rec center with questions and to register for camp.