It is the first week of spring and park amenities are opening for the season. Check out eight great ways to enjoy the warmer weather with Philadelphia Parks & Recreation:
- Celebrate Play-a-Palooza at Smith Memorial Playground, which opens for the season on March 27. Pre-registration is recommended.
- Go for a ride – Group and individual bike rentals are now available at Wheel Fun Rentals, offering families a new way to experience a ride down Boathouse Row.
- Get lost in the trees – TreeTop Quest is the go-to spot for a quick trip down the zipline and a bird’s-eye view of Fairmount Park. Advanced booking is required.
- Get married in LOVE Park – What better way to celebrate the season than by saying ‘I do’ amongst the springtime blooms in Philadelphia’s iconic LOVE Park. Wedding Wednesdays ceremonies take place weekly from March – October.
- Build your backyard oasis – Get help preparing your garden or outdoor space for spring by visiting the Fairmount Park Organic Recycling Center. From ground cover to compost, make recycled park wood part of your landscaping this year.
- Relax by the river – Located at 1 Boathouse Row, the Cosmic Cafe and Cider House are open for outdoor dining along the river. Come for the views and stay for the delicious, locally inspired menu.
- Plan a family day out – With a driving range, mini golf, and batting cages, the Burholme Golf and Family Fun Center has something for everyone, and will open for the season on April 5.
- Check out a new playground – Spring in the city means swings, slides, and plenty of places to play. Kids will have fun exploring these seven new playgrounds that recently opened at neighborhood Parks & Rec sites.
Sign up for the Parks & Rec newsletter.