PHILADELPHIA – The City released the following update on unrest that occurred overnight.
PHILADELPHIA POLICE UPDATE: The following arrest numbers are current as of Noon on October 29, 2020:
Arrests Overnight (10/28 – 10/29)
- 4 Assault on Police
- 29 Burglary
- 5 Civil Violation Notices (CVN) for Failure to Disperse / Curfew
- 2 Stolen Auto
- Total: 40
Additional Information (10/28 – 10/29)
- Injured Officers: 4 (all treated and released)
- 1 Damage to PPD Vehicles
- 11 ATM Explosions
Totals for October 26 – October 29
- 212 felony or misdemeanors arrests. This includes two (2) people arrested for Burglary and Assault on Police, so the total number of individuals arrested for indictable offenses is 210, plus 18 for CVNs
- Injured Officers: 57 (56 treated and released, 1 still hospitalized)
- 18 Damage to PPD/PFD Vehicles
CURFEW: There will not be a citywide curfew implemented this evening, October 29, 2020. However, the Mayor and Police Commissioner urge all residents to remain home this evening unless travel is absolutely necessary, such as for work.
PRESS CONFERENCE: Details on the next media availability for the Mayor, Police Commissioner and other city officials will be shared in a separate advisory.