The new drive-in in West Fairmount Park will feature Halloween classics through October 30.
In August, Philadelphia Parks & Recreation debuted The Philly Drive-In. This series provides a safe, fun way for families to enjoy free movies under the stars. The movies are shown in the parking lot in front of the Mann Center for the Performing Arts in West Fairmount Park.
The series is so popular Parks & Rec has extended it through Friday, October 30. In October, a variety of classic Halloween films will run every Wednesday and Friday.
Patrons will receive free gummy candy treats compliments of T-Mobile at entry, while supplies last.
For standard screenings:
- 5:30 p.m.: parking lot opens.
- 6:30 p.m.: pre-show screening.
- 7:00 p.m.: feature film begins.
For 9 p.m. (late-night) screenings on Friday, October 2, 16, and 30:
- 9:00 p.m.: parking lot opens.
- 9:30 p.m.: pre-show screening.
- 10:00 p.m.: late-night film begins.
- Reserve free tickets online.
- Tickets are required to enter the event.
- There will be no on-site box office.
- Patrons must arrive in a vehicle. They must stay in their vehicles for the duration of the screenings.
- To ensure a contactless purchase and check in, tickets can be:
- Printed out and displayed on your dashboard or,
- Scanned from your phone.
- Tickets are now available online for the early October screening dates.
Tickets for the October 14 – October 30 screenings will be released one week prior to the event.
The Philly Drive-In is organized by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation. It is presented by T-Mobile, with support from:
- The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
- Live Nation Urban
- Live Nation Philadelphia
WHAT ABOUT HEALTH & SAFETY?
To ensure the health and safety of all:
- Patrons may exit their vehicles only to use the restroom and to buy refreshments.
- Patrons must wear a mask and maintain social distance when outside their vehicles.
- Detailed safety information will be sent to patrons before the screening.
- Safety guidance will be displayed at the drive-in entry.
- Social distancing ambassadors will provide guidance at the event.
Local food trucks will sell pay-as-you go (not free) food and beverages. All trucks will follow public health guidelines.
Guests may bring their own food and drinks.
The Philly Drive-In October Lineup
Hotel Transylvania (PG)
Wednesday, September 30, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 2, 5:30 p.m.
Get Out (R)
Friday, October 2, 9:00 p.m.
Edwards Scissorhands (PG-13)
Wednesday, October 7, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 9, 5:30 p.m.
Hocus Pocus (PG)
Wednesday, October 14, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 16, 5:30 p.m.
Rocky Horror Picture Show (R)
Friday, October 16, 9:00 p.m.
Ghostbusters (1984, PG)
Wednesday, October 21, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 23, 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 28, 5:30 p.m.
Friday, October 30, 5:30 p.m.
Halloween II (1981, R)
Friday, October 30, 9:00 p.m.
In the event of inclement weather, the rain date will be the following day.
NOTE: There will be two separate screenings on Friday, October 2, 16, and 30. The first show will begin at 5:30 p.m. The second show begins at 9 p.m. Patrons who wish to see both films must reserve a ticket for each screening prior to arriving.