Free weekly movies now showing in West Fairmount Park.
Searching for something different to do with your family? Missing the movie-going experience? Then pack some popcorn and start up the car!
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is bringing a true drive-in experience—to the green heart of the City. The Philly Drive-In is a safe, family-friendly way to enjoy a free movie under the stars.
This free, six-week drive-in movie series will feature screenings of blockbuster, classic, and family films.
The film fest will take place in the parking lot in front of the Mann Center for the Performing Arts in West Fairmount Park.
Free films will run from Friday, August 21 through Friday, September 25.
The nightly schedule:
- 7:30 p.m.: parking lot opens
- 8:30 p.m.: pre-show screening
- 9:00 p.m.: featured film begins
- Reserve free tickets online.
- There will be no on-site box office.
- To enter the event, tickets are required.
- Ticket holders must arrive in a vehicle.
- Tickets can be printed out and displayed on your dashboard or scanned from your phone. This will ensure a completely contactless purchase and check-in procedure.
Tickets will be based on this schedule:
TICKETS FOR THESE DATES: WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE: Friday, August 21 to Friday, August 28 Thursday, August 13 at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 2 to Friday, September 11 Thursday, August 27 at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 16 to Friday, September 25 Thursday, September 10 at 10 a.m.
- The first 100 patrons at each screening will receive free frozen treats by Dre’s Homemade Water Ice & Ice Cream, compliments of T-Mobile. Treats will be handed out as vehicles arrive, while supplies last.
- Local food trucks will sell pay-as-you go (not free) food and beverages. All trucks will follow public health guidelines.
- Guests may bring their own food and drinks.
The Philly Drive-In is organized by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation. It is presented by T-Mobile, with support from:
BlackStar Film Festival
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
Live Nation Urban
Live Nation Philadelphia
Black Star Film Festival
The Philly Drive-In series kicks off with special screenings by the BlackStar Film Festival. This festival is the world’s premier celebration of Black, Brown, and Indigenous film and video artists.
Friday August 21 through Sunday, August 23
Raindate for all Black Star Film Festival movies: Wednesday, August 26.
Friday, August 21: Be Water
A gripping, intimate look at the final, defining years of Bruce Lee’s life. The film shows the complex, often difficult journey that led to Lee’s emergence as a film and martial arts icon.
Saturday, August 22: The Forty-Year-Old Version
Writer/director Radha Blank’s hilariously candid and deeply personal debut. The film depicts Radha as a down-on-her-luck New York playwright. Desperate for a breakthrough before age 40 she foils what seems like her last shot at success. So she reinvents herself—as rapper RadhaMUSPrime. The film follows Radha’s quest to find her true voice in the worlds of Hip Hop and theater. Winner of the Directing Prize at The 2020 Sundance Film Festival.
Sunday, August 23: Miss JuneteenthA former beauty queen and single mom prepares her rebellious teenage daughter for the “Miss Juneteenth” pageant.
Philly Drive-In movies
- Each of the following movies will be shown twice.
- The raindate is the following day, except where noted.
- Each screening includes a short film by the Philadelphia Environmental Film Festival.
Friday, August 28Tuesday, August 25 (Rain date: Thursday, August 27)
Wednesday, September 2
Friday, September 4
School of Rock
Wednesday, September 9
Friday, September 11
The Lion King (2019)
Wednesday, September 16
Friday, September 18
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Wednesday, September 23
Friday, September 25
The Philly Drive-In will follow guidance from the Department of Public Health.
To ensure the health and safety of all:
- Ticket holders will receive detailed safety information before the screening.
- Safety guidance will be displayed at the drive-in entry.
- Social distancing ambassadors will provide guidance at the event.
To ensure proper social distancing:
- Tickets are required for entry.
- Only guests in vehicles will have access to the screening area
Use the provided QR code for contactless entry. You will receive a code when you buy tickets. At entry, please present the code on a mobile device through your vehicle window.
Stay in their vehicles for the duration of the screenings. You may exit your vehicles only to use the restroom and to buy refreshments.
Wear masks and practice social distancing outside their vehicles.