1PM Mayor Kenney to Speak at COVID-19 Press Conference
The Mayor will join Health Commissioner Dr. Farley, Managing Director Brian Abernathy, and other officials to provide an update on the impact of the coronavirus in Philadelphia. Updates will be provided virtually.
Note to Media: The 1:00 p.m. press briefings will be offered on the virtual platform Zoom on weekdays, Monday through Friday. Virtual press conferences allow safe social distancing as advised by the CDC and the Philadelphia Department of Public Health. Members of the media will be able to ask questions through Zoom during the Q&A portion of the briefing.
In-person attendance at the press conferences is discontinued until further notice.
- Due to time constraints, only one representative from each media outlet is permitted to ask questions. Please determine with your newsroom who that will be.
- Reporters are asked to limit their questions to three or fewer.
- In-person attendance at the press conferences is discontinued until further notice.
- Any members of the media, other than the approved pool camera for broadcast, who arrive at City Hall will be asked to leave.
- A Spanish translation of important updates will be offered at the end of the press conference.
- Recordings of the live press briefings are available here.
- Archive of all COVID-19 related press releases are available here.
Notes on Using Zoom:
- To download Zoom for your computer or mobile device, visit https://zoom.us/download.
- Instructions on how to ask questions during the Q&A will be announced by the moderator.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These updates will continue to be live-streamed to the public via the Department of Public Health’s Twitter (@PHLPublicHealth) and Facebook accounts, and broadcast on PHLGovTV, Comcast channels 64 and 1164, and Verizon channels 40 and 41.