The Fostering Resilience program seeks to empower Philadelphia youth and provide them with mentorship opportunities.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
- connect with city leaders
- tell their personal narratives
- share their ideas for how the city can better support and empower its youth
- have a conversation with Mayor Kenney.
Adults can nominate a middle school child (ages 10-14). Youth participants must complete an application designed to showcase their:
- ability to thrive under challenging circumstances
- potential for future success.
Adult mentors, coaches, teachers, or recreation leaders can nominate a student, ages 10-14, by Friday, December 6, 2019.
The Resilience Foundation will notify the parent or guardian of each nominated student via email. This email will include a link to the student application. Students must complete the application by December 12, 2019.
Application decisions will be released on January 3, 2020. Selected youth will be invited to attend a special event in the Mayor’s Office on January 17, 2019.