The Senior Gala is back for its 23rd year–and better than ever!
Tuesday, December 17 at the
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street.
Resource Expo at 11 a.m.
Gala at 12 p.m.
The Gala brings together adults over 55 from across the city for fun, food, and fellowship.
The festivities are hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and CareGivers America.
Kick off the day at 11 a.m. with educational opportunities including:
- information about Older Adult Center (OAC) programming
- access to important resources available at OACs and other organizations
Starting at Noon, attendees can:
- dance the afternoon away
- take fun pictures in the photo booth
- eat a tasty catered meal
- enjoy live entertainment
- participate in the raffle to win valuable prizes
- take home a gift to remember this special day
The Gala began two decades ago as a way to bring together seniors from across the city for a special holiday-season event. The holidays can be a tough time for some seniors. The Gala gives them something to look forward to. It is an opportunity to celebrate the season with friends in a safe, structured, and fun environment. This year, more than 1,200 older adults are expected to attend.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at these Older Adult Centers:
- Juniata Park Older Adult Center (1251 East Sedgley Ave., 19134)
- Mann Older Adult Center (3201 N. 5th St., 19140)
- MLK Older Adult Center (2101 W. Cecil B. Moore Ave., 19121)
- Northeast Older Adult Center (8101 Bustleton Ave., 19152)
- South Philadelphia Older Adult Center (1430 E. Passyunk Ave., 19147)
- West Oak Lane Senior Center (7201 Ogontz Ave., 19138)