Park of Parks & Rec’s mission is to “help Philadelphia and its citizens grow by connecting people to the natural world, to each other, and to fun, physical and social opportunities.”
educate adults, children, and families.
celebrate the diversity of Philly’s natural lands.
bring attention to local environmental issues.
ignite passion, curiosity, and respect for our natural world.
Our locations include:
Wissahickon Valley Park in Northwest Philadelphia
Pennypack Park in Northeast Philly
Cobbs Creek Park in West Philly.
Late summer and early fall are busy times at these sites. Here are 13 upcoming activities for visitors of all ages:
Cobbs Creek Community Environmental Center
700 Cobbs Creek Pkwy., Philadelphia, PA, 19143
- Early migration birding walk
- Off-the-beaten path walk series
- Wildflower walks
- Wonders of insects educational walks
Pennypack Environmental Center
8600a Verree Road, Philadelphia, PA, 19115
- Mommy, Me, and Nature for adults with kids ages 1-5
- Storytelling campfires
- Junior Naturalist Program
- Science for Seniors walks
- Morning bird walks
Wissahickon Environmental Center
300 W. Northwestern Ave., Philadelphia, PA, 19118
- Auntie & FUNcle Adventures: Night Hike & Campfire
- Full moon hike
- Morning bird walks with a local bird expert
- “Monarchs in the Meadow” hike
With so many programs and events, your schedule is sure to be jam-packed with fun!