PHLpreK programs are now enrolling for the 2019-2020 school year!
PHLpreK is growing! The City of Philadelphia’s FREE quality pre-K program has added 1000+ seats and is enrolling at over 140 locations across the city. We anticipate that seats will fill up fast, so enroll as soon as possible!
You can sign up by contacting a participating program.
There are two ways to find a PHLpreK program near you:
- A full list (and map) is available on phlprek.org
- Or, call 844-PHL-PREK for assistance
- Your child must be 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2019
- Your family must live in Philadelphia
- There are no income or employment requirements
To enroll, families will need to bring the following materials to the provider where they plan to enroll:
- One proof of age document
- One proof of residency document
- A completed PHLpreK application (can be filled out on-site)
Proof of age documents include:
- A birth certificate,
- A valid US passport,
- A social security card,
- Medical, or school records.
Proof of residency documents include:
- A state issued ID or driver’s license,
- A voter ID,
- A current lease or rental agreement,
- Or, a social security award letter.
Download the PHLpreK Application in English, or:
PHLpreK is the City of Philadelphia’s FREE quality pre-K program that gives children a strong foundation for their education. Funded by the Philadelphia Beverage Tax, PHLpreK is helping more families across Philadelphia access affordable, quality early childhood education opportunities.
Quality pre-K is proven to reduce the need for special education, raise graduation rates, and narrow the achievement gap. These benefits are felt throughout our schools, neighborhoods, and local economy. Consider enrolling your child today!
Act fast; seats are filling up quickly! Go to phlprek.org or call 844-PHL-PREK to find a program near you!