Youth ages 9 to 18
A youth stand-up comedy competition hosted by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
The prize for the top three performers is a scholarship and transportation to Parks & Rec’s Young Performers Theatre Camp. The camp runs from July 1-August 9, 2019 at the University of Pennsylvania campus in West Philadelphia. Prize winners can select whether to be a musical theater or dance major.
One grand prize winner will also be selected to open for an international musical performer at the Dell Music Center in Fairmount Park.
Where and When
All comedy auditions are from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- North Central Philly: Rivera Recreation Center, 5th & Allegheny, 19140 on Thursday, May 23
- Northwest Philly: Waterview Recreation Center, 5826 McMahon St, 19144 on Tuesday, May 28
- Southwest Philly: Kingsessing Recreation Center, 5800 Kingsessing Ave, 19143 on Wednesday, May 29
- Northeast Philly: Pelbano Recreation Center, 8101 Bustleton Avenue, 19152 on Wednesday, June 5
- South Philly: Marian Anderson Recreation Center, 740 s. 17th Street, 19146 on Thursday, June 6
If necessary, a final will be held on Tuesday, June 25 at 6:30 p.m. (location to be determined).
Contestants must be registered by their parent/guardian at their audition. Please arrive before 7 p.m.
- Competitors should prepare a three-minute stand-up audition.
- All comedy must be G-rated.
- Only solo acts and props are permitted.
- Professional comedians will judge performances and select the finalists. The decision of the judges is final.