This February, the Fairmount Park Horticulture Center will be transformed for the first time ever for “Getaway at the Greenhouse,” a pop-up indoor summer oasis. The Greenhouse will be around from February 2-10, offering free summer-inspired fun, such as live music, family-friendly activities, food and drink, and more.
This indoor getaway includes a variety of unique “rooms,” such as:
- The Jungle: a spot for programs like a traveling zoo, Kids Rock DJ, live music, face painting, balloon artists, and a movie night
- The Beach: an oversized sandbox for an indoor beach escape
- The Lawn: green grass for lounging and lawn games
- The Lounge: a Moroccan-themed area with unique furniture
- The Midway: where local food truck vendors and a cash bar with craft beers, wine, and handcrafted cocktails will be stationed
During the weekdays, everyone is welcome to play with games in the sandbox and throughout the greenhouse. Once the sun sets, visitors are invited to sip bright cocktails, play games on the grass, and beat the winter blues by escaping into this warm, green oasis.
“Getaway at the Greenhouse” is a partnership among Philadelphia Parks & Recreation, Fairmount Park Conservancy, and Constellation Culinary Group.