We just turned on the first LinkPHL kiosks in Center City!
LinkPHL provides free secure wifi, phone calls, wayfinding, device charging, access to City services, and community info — and it’s completely free to use.
This modern, 21st century infrastructure comes at no cost to taxpayers. PECO is supporting the program as a sponsor for several years, with ads on the kiosks providing additional funding.
Over time, we’ll deploy 100 LinkPHL kiosks in high density, high pedestrian traffic areas throughout Philly, starting in Center City.
Have you seen them? Here are 10 ways you can use them!
- Stream Eagles games on the go using secure, super fast wifi. Click here to download the Link wifi app.
- Call your mom (no excuses!) using free phone calls to anywhere in the U.S.
- Battery on red? Go green using one of two USB charging ports. BYOC — bring your own cord.
- Never miss your train thanks to SEPTA Regional Rail updates on the display screens.
- Have reservations at a new restaurant in Fishtown? Use the map app on the tablet to find the quickest route.
- Check out the work of local artists, like muralist Evan Lovett, on the screens. #ArtOnLink is like a digital First Friday — but every day.
- Did you know? There was once a “Moon Tree” in Washington Square planted from seeds that went to the moon. Catch fun #LinkPHLFacts like this on Link display screens.
- Find info on local medical care, job training, and housing programs using the Social Services app on the tablet.
- Is that construction site safe? Report an issue using the Philly 311 app on the tablet.
- Stay in the know with up-to-the-minute sports scores and news headlines on the screens.