You’re going to LOVE this. Philadelphia just received its biggest present in years – and it’s a gift that keeps on giving!
What it is
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation and Fairmount Park Conservancy have partnered to bring “The Present”– a new, interactive holiday attraction– to the recently renovated LOVE Park.
Serving as the centerpiece of the Christmas Village in Philadelphia, The Present is a glowing, 27-foot-tall, walk-through holiday gift box. Features include:
- A four-foot decorative bow
- Five miles of red and white LED lights
- 100,000 individual bulbs
How to visit
The Present is FREE to enter.
Where: LOVE Park (16th & Arch streets)
When: Daily, 11 a.m.-10 p.m., starting Tuesday, November 27 through Monday, December 24 (Christmas Eve).
Be sure to use the hashtag #LOVEParkPresent when you share your pictures on social media!
How to donate
The Present creates a space for LOVE Park visitors to donate to various causes that will benefit the people and parks of Philadelphia.
Guests can make a $5.00 gift to one of three causes via text, and Bank of America will match it!
- Philadelphia parks: Text PARKS to 501501 to donate to Fairmount Park Conservancy, the non-profit champion of Philly’s parks.
- Children’s books: Text BOOK to 20222 to donate to Welcome America’s holiday book campaign for Philadelphia Parks & Recreation youth programs. For every $5 raised, four books will be purchased. For more information, visit phillyholidayfestival.com.
- Help for the homeless: Text HOME to 80100 to donate to Project HOME, which empowers individuals to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty. Contributions from The Present will help buy food and supplies for the Hub of Hope in Suburban Station.
Bank of America Charitable Foundation will match individual contributions up to $5,000.00 per organization. Guests who make a donation via text will receive a gift tag to leave a message of love inside The Present.