: Document Recording
Why should you worry about whether you have a homeownership problem?
If you have a homeownership problem, you may run into trouble if:
- you try to take out a mortgage or a loan;
- you try to negotiate with the city or a utility company about past taxes or bills that have not been paid;
- you try to get a grant from the city to make repairs to your house;
- you try to obtain homeowners? insurance on the property;
- you try to sell your house;
- you want to give your property to your family or friends should something happen to you; or
- the person whose name is still on the deed, or one of their relatives, tries to take the house from you.