To be considered for Playstreets, your block must:
- Take part in the summer food program. (Serve free meals to children 18 and under).
- Have a block resident volunteer to be a Playstreet supervisor.
- Not be within two blocks of another approved Playstreet, playground, or rec center.
- Be a small, one-way street. No numbered street will be considered unless it is a dead end.
- Have 75 percent of residents on the block sign the petition agreeing to a Playstreet.
You must fill out an application to be considered for Playstreets status. All applications must go through an approval process before a Playstreets permit is issued.
To apply to be a Playstreet, or to object to an application, call (215) 685-2719 or (215) 685-2720 or email Wydeeia.Williams@phila.gov.