To be considered for Playstreets, your block must:
- Take part in the summer food program.
- Have a block resident volunteer to be a Playstreet supervisor.
- Not be within two blocks of another approved Playstreet, playground, or rec center.
- Be a small, one-way street. No numbered street will be considered unless it is a dead end.
- Have less than 25 percent of residents submit an objection to the creation of the Playstreet.
You must fill out an application to be considered for Playstreets status. All applications must go through an approval process before a Playstreets permit is issued.
To apply to be a Playstreet, or to object to an application, call (215) 685-2719 or (215) 685-2720 or email Wydeeia.Williams@phila.gov.