Pre-K–12 student households qualify for PHLConnectED if they:
- Do not have internet access.
- Have mobile phone internet access only.
- Are experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity.
- Have students who participate in remote learning in locations without internet access.
If households already have internet in their homes, they also qualify if they:
- Participate in public benefit programs with income qualifications like Medicaid.
- Have students designated as English Learners.
- Have students who receive special education services.
PHLConnected 211 Hotline
The City has partnered with United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey to create the PHLConnectED 211 hotline. The hotline is:
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Available in over 150 languages.
To call, dial 2-1-1. For language services, press 8. You will be connected with a resource navigator. Families can expect a brief survey to help 211 resource navigators understand their needs.
The 211 hotline can:
- Provide basic information about PHLConnectED to families.
- Pre-screen callers for eligibility.
- Provide a Comcast enrollment code or route families to the right school number to get a Comcast enrollment code.
- Route families to the right location to get a T-Mobile hotspot.
- Follow up to confirm that connectivity happened.
- Refer families for additional support if they need technical assistance or other supportive assistance.