Bringing Philadelphia children to a one-week overnight camp in the Pocono Mountains.
Please check back for updates on the upcoming Camp Philly season.
What we do
Every child should get to experience sleep-away summer camp. Camp Philly offers a low-cost option for Philadelphia residents. During a week at Camp Speers, campers develop:
- Decision-making skills.
Opened in 1948, Camp Speers is a 1,100-acre property with a 40-acre private lake. Under the guidance of positive adult role models, campers participate in a wide range of activities:
- Rock climbing
- Arts and crafts
- Survival skills
1515 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Phone: (215) 683-3600
|Find out about our partner|
Process and eligibility
To apply for a Camp Philly scholarship valued at $900, you must submit a completed application to your recreation leader, along with the $30 application fee by June 30. The application fee is the only cost to attend the camp. Your $30 will be refunded if a scholarship is not granted.
To be eligible for a scholarship, your child must:
- Be recommended by a recreation leader.
- Be an active program participant at a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facility.
- Take free swim lessons at a local YMCA if they do not know how to swim.
- Have a physical prior to attending camp.
- Be between 8 and 12 years old.
- Be okay being away from home and away from electronics.
- Attend, along with parents, all information and program sessions provided by Parks & Rec and YMCA.
Please refer all questions to your recreation center leader.
Deadline to apply: to be announced.
Visit your neighborhood recreation center or playground to pick up an application.
K Ten Kids Foundation
Ken and Judy Weinstein
The Seravalli Family Foundation