To apply for a Camp Philly scholarship valued at $900, you must submit a completed application to your recreation leader, along with the $30 application fee by June 30. The application fee is the only cost to attend the camp. Your $30 will be refunded if a scholarship is not granted.
To be eligible for a scholarship, your child must:
- Be recommended by a recreation leader.
- Be an active program participant at a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facility.
- Take free swim lessons at a local YMCA if they do not know how to swim.
- Have a physical prior to attending camp.
- Be between 8 and 12 years old.
- Be okay being away from home and away from electronics.
- Attend, along with parents, all information and program sessions provided by Parks & Rec and YMCA.
In 2021, Camp Philly will host two sessions:
- Session 1: to be announced
- Session 2: to be announced
Please refer all questions to your recreation center leader.
Deadline to apply: to be announced shortly.