Support for you or someone else
- Confidential help available 24/7/365.
- Hotline counselors can assist you with a variety of services including emergency shelter and crisis intervention.
- Translation services are available.
- Learn how to support a friend or family member.
- Individual and group counseling for children and adults who have experienced sexual violence, including sexual abuse, sexual assault, rape/date rape, and incest.
- Services are available at any point after the trauma has occurred.
- Individual or group counseling for domestic violence or substance abuse.
- Phone counseling is available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(215) 426-8610 ext. 1236
- Individual counseling is available for all survivors, including men, teens, and children who witness domestic violence.
- Group programming includes parenting after violence and economic justice.
(215) 763-8870 ext. 1353
- Individual and group counseling for survivors, including men, teens, and children who witness domestic violence.
- English support group, depending on demand.
- Legal advocacy and representation for relationship violence-related legal matters, including Protection from Abuse (PFA) orders, child custody, and child support.
- Legal advocacy and representation for relationship violence-related legal matters, including PFA orders, child custody, and child support.
Lower North Philadelphia
- Individual counseling for people who have been verbally or physically harmful in a relationship.
- Counseling for people who are worried about how they treat their partner.
- Services are available in English and Spanish.
- Services tailored to the needs of immigrants who are survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner violence.
- Services tailored to the needs of low-income immigrants who are survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner violence.
(215) 467-0690 x. 161
- Services tailored to the needs of Asian immigrant and refugee survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner violence.
- Services tailored to the needs of African immigrant and refugee survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner violence.
Services in medical facilities
Lutheran Settlement House partners with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) to address intimate partner violence and teen dating violence. The program is located at the following medical centers:
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Open 24 hours
CHOP – Karabots Pediatric Center
Closed on Sundays
St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children
Aria Frankford Hospital
Einstein Medical Center
5501 Old York Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141
Upper North Philadelphia
Speak with a bilingual and bicultural medical professional and get connected to services at the following health centers:
Esperanza Health Center
Congreso Health Center
Domestic violence community education and training
Expand your domestic violence awareness and discover prevention efforts with a workshop. Designed for community groups, organizations, public schools, and City agencies, these trainings will help empower both your clients and staff. Make a request online or by phone with the following organizations:
- Women Against Abuse, (215) 386-1280
- Women In Transition, (215) 564-5301 ext. 116
- Lutheran Settlement House Bilingual Domestic Violence Program, (215) 426-8610 ext. 1236
- Congreso de Latinos Unidos’ Latina Domestic Violence Program, (215) 763-8870
Shared Safety is a coordinated community response to domestic and sexual violence, human trafficking, and reproductive coercion in Philadelphia. Shared Safety’s members are from City government agencies, community-based organizations, the health care system, media, and education community. This collaboration works to improve citywide services for survivors of domestic violence, and to improve identification of and intervention in relational violence