PHILADELPHIA – Today, the City announced the road closures and public safety information for the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K taking place on Sunday, March 26, 2023. Philadelphia’s premier spring half marathon will take runners on a course that showcases the City’s historic landmarks and picturesque landscapes.
The Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K is a “rain or shine” event. Traffic delays can be expected during the course of the event. Motorists are advised to avoid the area by using alternate routes. Road closures, parking restrictions, and details can be found below.
The following streets will be closed on Friday, March 24 beginning at 7 p.m. in preparation for race day:
- MLK Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic until Monday, March 27 at 7 a.m.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, March 26 beginning at 3 a.m. until approximately 1 p.m.:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 22nd Street to Eakins Oval
- Eakins Oval from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Kelly Drive from Eakins Oval to Brewery Hill Drive
The entirety of the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K courses will close at approximately 6:45 a.m.:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway from 16th Street to Eakins Oval
- 16th Street from Benjamin Franklin Parkway to John F. Kennedy Blvd.
- John F. Kennedy Blvd. from 16th Street to 20th Street
- 20th Street from John F. Kennedy Blvd. to Market Street
- Market Street from 20th Street to 15th Street
- Penn Square to Juniper Street
- Juniper Street to Market Street
- Market Street from Juniper Street to 6th Street
- 6th Street from Market Street to Arch Street
- Arch Street from 6th Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Brewery Hill Drive to W. Girard Avenue
- W. Girard Avenue to Lansdowne Drive
- Lansdown Drive to Sweet Briar Drive
- Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to Falls Bridge
- Black Road to Avenue of the Republic
- Avenue of the Republic to Memorial Hill Drive
- Memorial Hill Drive to S. Concourse Drive
Roads will be reopened as they are serviced and cleared. All roads in Center City are expected to be reopened to vehicular traffic by 11 a.m. Detailed course maps for Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K can be found online.
“Temporary No Parking” signs will be posted in connection with the closures listed above, with parking prohibited in posted areas on Sunday, March 26 between the hours of 4 a.m. and 1 p.m. Motorists must adhere to “Temporary No Parking” signs. Vehicles parked in these areas during posted hours will be relocated.
SEPTA Bus Routes 2, 4, 7, 16, 17, 23, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 43, 44, 45, 47M, 48, 49, 61, 124 and 125 will be detoured from their normal routes through the Center City area and Old City area beginning at 3 a.m. on Sunday, March 26 through approximately 6 p.m. Detours will be posted, and specific route changes are available on the System Status Page at www.septa.org.
SEPTA is a convenient, affordable way for staff and participants to get to and from the race. Broad Street Subway and Market Frankford Line service will operate on a normal weekend schedule throughout the day on Sunday, March 26. Regional Rail parking lot location information is available online at: www.septa.org/parking.
SEPTA can be reached at 215-580-7800 and directly on Twitter @septa_social. For more information on SEPTA and NJ Transit routes and schedules, visit www.septa.org and www.njtransit.com.
Public Safety Information
Stay connected to important weather or emergency information from the City by signing up for free ReadyPhiladelphia text alerts. Text READYPHILA (one word) to 888-777 or customize your free email or text alerts by visiting the Office of Emergency Management’s website: www.phila.gov/ready.
Attendees should never leave bags or other items unattended. In the event of an emergency or to report a suspicious person, activity or item (backpack, package, container, etc.), notify a police officer immediately or call 9-1-1. Do not try to open, move, cover or touch a suspicious item.
For the safety of race participants, flying of drones or UAS along the route by hobbyists is prohibited. Commercial pilots with appropriate FAA waivers are encouraged to notify the City through the Philadelphia UAS Notification Form. If attendees see a drone, please report it to the nearest Philadelphia Police officer with a location and description of the pilot.
The public should expect congestion in the area. If you are attending the event, make a plan regarding driving, public transit, parking, and supervision of children. It is recommended that attendees wear comfortable, weather-appropriate attire.
For tips and general information about being prepared and ready at special events, read the Special Event Safety Guide before you attend.
Additional information about the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon and 7.6K can be found on the races’ website.
Additional Information for Media
General media inquiries about the Philadelphia Love Run Half Marathon and 7.6K should be directed to Dawn Angelique Roberts at 215-704-2615 or by e-mail at Dawn@eliteaccessrunning.com.