Enrollment for PHLpreK is open!
Since its start in 2017, PHLpreK has served over 10,000 students. This year, the free, quality pre-K program will serve over 4,000 students at more than 150 locations throughout the City! We are ready to welcome your family into our biggest year yet!
PHLpreK is available to 3 and 4 year old children who reside in the City of Philadelphia. You are likely eligible to enroll your child for the PHLpreK 2021-22 academic year if:
- Your child has turned 3 or 4 by September 1, 2021
- You are a resident of Philadelphia
There are no income or employment requirements.
View our current list of PHLpreK programs or call 1-844-PHL-PREK to find a free, quality program near you!
You can contact any participating program directly to enroll in PHLpreK at their program. If you’d like assistance, call 1-844-PHL-PREK to learn more about starting the application process.
To enroll, families will need the following materials:
- One proof of age document, such as:
- A birth certificate,
- A valid US passport,
- A social security card,
- Medical or school records.
- One proof of residency document, such as a:
- State issued ID or driver’s license,
- Voter ID,
- Current lease or rental agreement,
- Social Security award letter.
- A completed PHLpreK application. Download the PHLpreK application in English. or in:
Contact the participating program of your choice by phone or email to confirm whether they have seats available and to find out how to complete enrollment materials.
PHLpreK providers will follow local, state, and national health and safety guidelines.
PHLpreK is the City of Philadelphia’s free, quality pre-K program that gives children a strong foundation for their education. Funded by the Philadelphia Beverage Tax, PHLpreK is helping families across Philadelphia access affordable, quality early childhood education opportunities.