The Philadelphia Department of Prisons (PDP) has implemented special attorney-client access procedures in response to COVID-19.
In-person official visits
- PDP continues to offer in-person official legal visits.
- Any attorney wishing to do so may visit their client in-person at the respective facility.
- It is expected that the attorney will be wearing a mask upon arrival. Otherwise, a mask will be provided. The respective incarcerated person will also be wearing a mask.
- The attorney and incarcerated person must wear their masks at all times.
- The space where the official visit will take place will be sanitized both before and after every visit.
- The PDP continues to arrange legal calls between attorneys and their clients.
- The respective attorney must schedule phone calls with his or her clients using the links below. Use the following links to schedule video appointments:
- Select the option for the facilities’ Lawyer / Client Phone Conference.
- The attorney must provide 24-hours’ notice using the incarcerated person’s name/PP# and select an available time slot for the call. The call will be arranged accordingly.
- Legal Phone Calls are available Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. concluding at 5:00 p.m. Calls are not available Saturday and Sunday.
- If necessary, calls may be made to HSPA Lyde at (215) 685-7111, HSPA Jennifer Albandoz at (215) 685-7113 or DC Bagby at (215) 685-8076 to follow up regarding scheduling.
Video visits at the Criminal Justice Center
- Attorneys may also arrange video visits with their clients at the CJC.
- The attorney needs to register the appointment for a video call online, with the incarcerated person’s name/PP# and a requested date/time, at email@example.com.
- The attorney will need to report to the CJC in person on the scheduled date and time in order for the video visit to take place.
- Please note that all scheduling regarding video visitation is arranged by the CJC.
Video visitation via PDP laptops
- The PDP has now expanded video visitation for attorney visits through a laptop in each facility in order to allow as many video visits with private counsel as possible.
- Video visits will be facilitated via a Zoom link which must be initiated by counsel.
- Counsel must provide 24-hours’ notice, supply the incarcerated person’s name/PP#, and select the time slot for the visit. The visit will be arranged accordingly.
- Each counsel will locate their client utilizing the locator tool.
- After determining the location of their client, each counsel will use the following links to schedule video appointments:
- Select the option for the facilities’ Lawyer / Client Video Conference.
- This service will be available Monday through Friday, from 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with the last slot being filled at 9:00 p.m. and concluding at 10:00 p.m. On weekends the service will be available from 9 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., concluding at 10:00 p.m.
- Video visitation via the laptops will be available for the Defenders Association.