The Mayor’s Office of Civic Engagement and Volunteer Service invites you to its 8th annual Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition award ceremony and volunteer service fair. This award ceremony honors Philadelphians that have made a positive impact in their communities through national and volunteer service.
- Date: Tuesday, April 7
- Time: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Drexel University’s Mandell Theater, 3220 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104
About the Mayor’s Day of Service Recognition award ceremony
Each year, Philadelphia joins more than 4,250 cities, counties, and tribal areas to celebrate the impact of our volunteers and National Service members. Our office received over 250 nominations for the four award categories, and we are excited to celebrate three honorees from each category.
We will recognize Philadelphia’s volunteers and community leaders in the following categories:
- Mayor’s Philly Hero Award
- Mayor’s Youth Hero Award (age 18 and under)
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Award
- Mayor’s Distinguished National Service Alumni Award
This year’s award ceremony will run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., with a volunteer service fair before and after. Come learn about volunteer opportunities and other ways you can get involved and give back.