Rebuild is offering paid training in the commercial painting, cement masonry, and roofing trades. We are recruiting diverse Philadelphians to work on Rebuild construction projects to improve neighborhood parks, recreation centers, and libraries.
Here are five things to know about Rebuild’s career training pilot.
- A career in the construction unions (also known as the building trades) is a great way to earn a family-sustaining wage. It’s a dream job for anyone with an eye for detail, a comfort with math skills, and a desire to work with their hands.
- The PHL Pipeline Program is for entry-level candidates with little or no experience in construction. Recruits will complete a paid pre-apprentice training program in commercial painting or roofing. Successful candidates will begin paid apprenticeships on Rebuild projects after the initial training period.
- The Rebuild Talent Development Program is hiring people with experience in construction who are interested in union membership. After the initial training period, successful candidates will begin apprenticeships in cement masonry.
- Career opportunities in more building trades are coming soon! As more Rebuild construction projects begin, we will recruit apprentices in more building trades. These could include: plumbing, bricklaying, plastering, welding, electrical trades, HVAC systems, and more.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, live in Philadelphia, and be able to pass a drug screening and child abuse clearance.
Application deadline is August 16.