June is Immigrant Heritage Month, a national month that uses storytelling to highlight immigrant communities and find our similarities.
This year, the Office of Immigrant Affairs and the Free Library of Philadelphia will feature stories of why you stand with Philly’s immigrants.
How you can participate
We’ll be retweeting and sharing your stories all month long! Here are some ideas to get you started:
1) If you are an immigrant, share your personal story.
- Share what led you to live in Philadelphia.
- Tell us why you call Philadelphia home.
- Share how being an immigrant in the U.S. has impacted you.
- Tell us your story.
2) If you are not an immigrant, share your friends’ or family’s stories or share why you stand with immigrants.
- Share a family connection to immigration.
- Tell us about your shared experiences with immigrant family and friends.
- Share why you care about Philadelphia’s immigrants.
3) Film a quick video with your family or friends that shares why you stand with Philly immigrants.
4) Take a picture with our “I Stand with Philly Immigrants” sign. Post it on social media with a caption that explains you stand with our city’s immigrants. Print the sign now!