In recognition of International Women’s Day on March 8, the Philadelphia Fire Department will host its second annual conference on Women in Public Safety. The two-day event takes place March 8-9 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Terrace Room of the University of Pennsylvania’s Claudia Cohen Hall, 249 S. 36th St., Philadelphia.
This free conference features speakers and workshops addressing the challenges of recruiting, retaining, developing and promoting women in public safety. Among the speakers:
- Philadelphia Prisons Commissioner Blanche Carney
- Battalion Chief Linda Long, first female fire chief in the Philadelphia Fire Department
- Councilwoman Maria Quinones-Sanchez
- Dr. Ilene Wasserman, consultant on leadership development and executive coaching
- Retired FBI Agent Jerri Williams, now an author and podcaster
- Assistant Deputy Commissioner Crystal Yates, first black female EMS chief in the Philadelphia Fire Department