Philadelphia Information Locator Service
Philadelphia Municipal Authority[Record group 177]
- Alternative/Former Names
- Equipment Leasing Authority of Philadelphia
- Agency History
- Created as a corporate body by an ordinance of City Council on 23 December 1975 pursuant to the Act of Assembly of 2 May 1945 (P.L. 382) and is under the direction of a board of at least five unpaid members, appointed by City Council from nominations made by the Mayor. Members of the board are appointed for staggered five year terms. The authority is a body politic which is limited to its actions, for and concerning the leasing of equipment to the City of Philadelphia. By an ordinance, which became effective on 24 March 1983, the Authority changed its name to the Philadelphia Municipal Authority and was given the authority to "acquire, hold, construct, improve, maintain, operate, own, and lease projects of the following kind and character: facilities for the colleciton, removal or disposal of ashes, garbage, rubbish and other refuse materials by incineration, landfill, or other methods, steam heating plants and distribution systems, and incinerator plants, and is empowered to exercise, with respect to such projects, all powers granted by the Act of Assembly of 2 May 1945 (P.L. 382), provided that all contracts for a period exceeding one year, and all bond issues related thereto by whomever issued shall not be executed, authorized, or deemed to be valid unless such proposed contract or bond issue has first been approved by ordinance."
- Archival Records
- 177.1 Annual Reports (1977-1979)
- Current Records
Links to related information...
---->Current Agency Information Sheet. (Graphical version of this page)
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on July 9, 1999