How To Do Business With Us
The Philadelphia Water Department welcomes you to participate in the City's procurement process. The information below is to assist you in learning how to do so.
The PWD makes its purchases through the Procurement Department. The Procurement Department is the central purchasing and materials management agency for the City of Philadelphia. They are responsible for acquiring services, supplies, equipment and construction for City agencies by utilizing competitive purchasing procedures which include direct purchases, informal bidding, formal advertisements and the award of annual contracts. The Procurement Department is dedicated to the principles of competition and fairness and committed to doing so in the best interests of its citizens.
The purpose of the Procurement Administration unit of the Philadelphia Water Department is to efficiently facilitate the acquisition of the service, supplies and equipment required by the operating divisions in order to maintain our commitment to providing safe water to our customers and to protecting the environment.
Ann Mc Kenna , Departmental Procurement Specialist
ARAMark Tower - 5th Floor
1101 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 685-6162 (Fax)
TYPES OF BIDS
The Procurement Department has several types of bids and methods of making purchases.
- ADVERTISED BIDS - Formal bids are competitive bids for procurement involving Services, Supplies or Equipment that exceed $25,000 or Public Works, such as, construction work. These types of bids are generally required to be advertised in local newspapers for a specified period before the bid opening.
- CONCESSION BIDS - Bids offer bidder the opportunity to provide goods and/or services on City property.
- PUBLIC WORKS BIDS - These are bids for the construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair or improvement of a public building, property, street, bridge, highway or sewer.
- SMALL ORDER PURCHASES - Informal bids are for procurements $25,000 and under. Operating departments can directly solicit for goods and services $25,000 and under. For these purchases, departments are required to obtain competitive quotations.
- SURPLUS PROPERTY BIDS - Bids offer "as is" surplus City equipment or supplies to the highest bidder.
WHO TO CONTACT