Philadelphia City Branding Image
Elder Abuse FAQ's
What is Elder Abuse?
Elder abuse is the abuse or exploitation of a person age 60 or older by family members or caregivers, which may include physical, emotional, or sexual abuse and/or financial exploitation. In addition to family members and caregivers, others can perpetuate elder abuse by violence, fraud, and scams.

Who do I call if I think I am a victim of Elder Abuse?
If you believe you are a crime victim, please call 911. The Philadelphia Police Department will investigate, prepare a report and, where appropriate, arrest the perpetrator.

Is there a fee for the services provided by the Victim/Witness Services Unit?
No. All assistance is provided free of charge.

Supportive services for victims of elder abuse:

Elder Victim/Witness Coordinator
Philadelphia District Attorney's Office
(215) 686-8035
Philadelphia Police Department CARE
(Crimes Against the Retired Elderly) Unit (a division of the Special Victims Unit) 215-685-3265
Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly (CARIE)
100 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 545-5728
Philadelphia Corporation for Aging (PCA)
642 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 765-9040
SeniorLAW Center
100 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA
(215) 988-1242