Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 17 until further notice

Permits, violations & licenses

Get a business or trade license

To conduct business in Philadelphia, you need to have one or more licenses.

For more information on business and trade licenses, visit the L&I licenses page.

Trade workers must carry licenses specific to their work in order to do business in Philadelphia.

To see a list of all the trades that must be licensed, and the licenses for each one, visit:

To apply for a business or trade license, use eCLIPSE.