Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe. If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 07 to noon on Thursday, Dec. 09

COVID-19 vaccine

The vaccine is now available for everyone 5 and older! Get your children vaccinated today. Find a City-run vaccine clinic or partner vaccine clinic to protect yourself and your loved ones. If you have questions about vaccination, call (215) 685-5488.

Permits, violations & licenses

Schedule a sanitation/safety inspection for in-home child care

Before you begin operating in-home family child care, you must be certified and inspected by the Department of Public Health. You need to take a food safety class designed for home child care operators and have a food safety inspection in your home. Once you have passed your inspection, you will receive a License Eligibility Request (LER), which you must bring to the Department of Licenses and Inspections to get your in-home child care license.


Anyone who wants to open an in-home child care center must take the in-home food safety class and have their home inspected.


Any in-home child care provider must:

  • Live in the home.
  • Be zoned for an in-home child care.
  • Have a commercial activity license.
  • Have an in-home child care food safety certificate from Department of Public Health.

To take the in-home child care food safety class, call (215) 685-7495. Classes are offered once a month and certificates of completion cost $30. After you’ve completed the class and received your certificate, you can call to schedule the inspection of your home.

Inspections address:

  • Food handling practices.
  • Water supply.
  • Waste disposal.
  • Presence of insects, rodents, or other vermin.
  • Ventilation.
  • Lighting.
  • Sanitation and condition of client care areas and equipment.
  • Condition of toilet facilities.
  • Presence/handling/disposal of any hazardous materials.