Permits, violations & licenses

Report a problem with a building, lot, or street

Service overview

If you see a building or vacant lot that is dangerous or neglected, you can report it to the City. You can also report issues with streets.

For example, you can report:

  • Construction projects in violation of building codes.
  • Work without a permit.
  • Maintenance problems on the inside or outside of a building.
  • Buildings in poor condition or that have materials falling into the street.
  • Rental properties that may be in violation of City codes.
  • Vacant buildings where people are trespassing.
  • Vacant lots that are overgrown, covered in trash, or otherwise neglected.
  • Properties being used in violation of licensing requirements or zoning codes.
  • Issues with streets.


You can make a report using an online form, or by calling 311. Call (215) 686-8686 if you are outside Philadelphia.

For emergencies, call 911.

Related content