Permits, violations & licenses

Apply for a wedding photo permit

You need a permit to take wedding, engagement, or other professional photos on Philadelphia Parks & Recreation property.

Popular locations include:

  • Fairmount Water Works, including the gazebo.
  • FDR Park Boathouse.
  • The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
  • The Rodin Museum.
  • The Azalea Garden.


Couples, groups, or individuals who want to take professional photographs on Parks & Rec land need a permit.

Where and when

You must apply for a permit by mail.

Faxed or emailed applications are not accepted.

Allow at least 14 days for approval.


Follow these steps to get your permit:

Download and fill out the photo permit application for wedding and engagement photos.
Include permit payment.

Applications will not be processed without payment. The name and address on the check or money order must match the name and address on the application.

Return application by mail to:
Special Events Office, CASE Bldg.
4300 S. Concourse Dr.
Philadelphia , PA 19130