Did you know you can get married in front of Philadelphia’s landmark LOVE sculpture?
Artist Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture is one of the most photographed spots in Philadelphia. It will also make a great backdrop for your wedding!
If you’d like to have your ceremony at the LOVE sculpture, sign up for “Wedding Wednesday.” Philadelphia Parks & Recreation will do all the wedding planning work. You just need to show up!
Twelve lucky couples can sign up each month.
When and where
The 30-minute ceremonies take place between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on two Wednesdays every month.
LOVE Park, officially called John F. Kennedy Plaza, is at the northwest corner of 15th Street and JFK Boulevard.
Here’s what we provide:
- A 20′ x 20′ area in front of the LOVE sculpture reserved for you and your guests
- Ambassadors to greet your guests
- An officiant to conduct the ceremony
- Limited time slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ceremony takes place rain or shine. In the case of rain, umbrellas will be provided for both the bride & groom.
- A reserved area in front of the LOVE sculpture is available to you for 30 minutes.
- Sign up for the next month’s Wedding Wednesday on the first Tuesday of the month, starting at 8 a.m.
To sign up for a Wedding Wednesday ceremony:
- Go to the Register of Wills, Room 413 in City Hall on the first Tuesday of the month. Office opens at 8 a.m. (This date is subject to change due to holidays; please call the Register of Wills at 215-686-2233 to confirm.)
- Register to marry. Make sure to bring the proper fee and documents. Visit the Register of Wills website for more information.
- Request to sign up for the next month’s Wedding Wednesday in LOVE Park.
- If space is available, you will be given a date and a 30-minute time slot.
- Pay the $50 fee online through Fairmount Park Conservancy up to one day before your ceremony, OR bring a money order to the ceremony.
- Arrive 30 minutes in advance of your ceremony.
- Say “I do,” and let us do the rest.
- Your registration will be invalid and you may lose your assigned ceremony time if you:
- Arrive at LOVE Park after your designated ceremony time.
- Do not pay the $50 fee online or do not bring a money order to the ceremony.
- Forget to bring your marriage license.
- If you pay in advance and do not show up to the ceremony, your fee will not be refunded.