Did you know you can get married in front of Philadelphia’s landmark LOVE sculpture?
Artist Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture is one of the most photographed spots in Philadelphia. It will also make a great backdrop for your wedding!
If you’d like to have your ceremony at the LOVE sculpture, sign up for “Wedding Wednesday.” Philadelphia Parks & Recreation will do all the wedding planning work. You just need to show up!
Twelve couples can sign up each month. Time slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
When and where
Wedding Wednesday takes place twice a month between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. The ceremonies are held by the LOVE sculpture on the eastern side of the park, nearest City Hall.
LOVE Park, officially called John F. Kennedy Plaza, is at the northwest corner of 15th Street and JFK Boulevard.
If you sign up for a Wedding Wednesdays ceremony, Philadelphia Parks & Recreation will provide:
- A 30-minute time slot for your ceremony.
- A 20′ x 20′ area in front of the LOVE sculpture, reserved for you and your guests.
- Ambassadors to greet your guests.
- An officiant to conduct the ceremony.
Your ceremony will take place rain or shine. In the case of rain, umbrellas are available for the bride and groom.
In addition to the cost of a marriage license, there is a $50 fee to get married in LOVE Park. Payment is made to Fairmount Park Conservancy (see “Instructions” below).
To sign up for a Wedding Wednesday marriage or vow renewal ceremony:
1) Reserve a date and time.
Contact Fairmount Park Conservancy by email at email@example.com to secure your LOVE Park Wedding Wednesday date and time.
2) Register to marry at the Marriage License Bureau.
To get a marriage license, you must bring the proper documents and pay a fee. Visit the Register of Wills website for more information.
3) Pay the $50 ceremony fee online through Fairmount Park Conservancy.
You can pay online up to one day before your ceremony. Or, you may bring a money order on the day of your wedding. Make it payable to Fairmount Park Conservancy.
4) On your wedding day, arrive at least 30 minutes before your ceremony time
5) Say “I do,” and let us do the rest. .
Your Wedding Wednesdays registration will be invalid and you may lose your time slot if you:
- Arrive at LOVE Park after your designated ceremony time.
- Don’t pay the ceremony fee.
- Forget to bring your marriage license.
If you pay in advance and don’t show up to the ceremony, you won’t receive a refund.