City of Philadelphia

Low Income Agreements


How do I qualify for this agreement?
To qualify for a Low Income Agreement, you must:

  • Live in the property for which the application is being made
  • Verify that your total household income is within Federal low income guidelines
  • Submit Social Security numbers for each person who lives with you
  • Provide evidence of all expenses such as utility bills, gas bills and rent or mortgage payments
  • Provide or allow a current meter reading

How does this agreement help me?
The Water Revenue Bureau (Bureau) can help you to find assistance to pay your monthly water and sewer bill. Your level of assistance will be based on the following:

  • Your water usage
  • Your ability to pay current water and sewer bills
  • Your status as a property owner, tenant or occupant

How do I apply?
You may apply for a Low Income Payment Agreement in person, or mail, or by calling (215) 686-6880 for more information and an application.