10th and Tasker
During investigation and repair of infrastructure on 10th street in March and April 2015, it was determined that the water main and sewer from 10th and Tasker to 10th and Moore should be replaced. Please read our fact sheet
for the breakdown of events that led to this conclusion.
It is anticipated that 10th Street will remain closed for several months. We will update this time line as more information becomes available.
Currently, we are:
- fixing valves along 10th street to minimize service disruption during main repair
- excavating for installation of the new water and sewer mains. This work is being done by our contractor, Nello Construction
Construction Letters By Zip Code
East Park Reservoir
PWD will be embarking on a multi-year project at this site which will include the construction of new water tanks, general facility upgrades and additional site improvements.The East Park Reservoir is an important drinking water storage facility for the City of Philadelphia. The facility provides water storage for approximately 50 percent of the Philadelphia Water Department’s customers and provides reliable water service during emergency conditions.
Key Project Facts
View a presentation
- 60 million gallons of drinking water storage
- Continued reliable water service to customers
- Relocated access road for improved traffic safety
- Partnership with Philadelphia Parks and Recreation
- Partnership with Audubon Society and Outward Bound Philadelphia
- Project Schedule: Construction- Anticipated 2014-2016
that was delivered to area residents on January 29th and February 4th, 2014.
Spring Lane and Hendren Street: Proposed Project
The Philadelphia Water Department is exploring ways to relieve neighborhood flooding and sanitary sewer issues in this area of Philadelphia that is served by a private sewer.
Understanding the nature of specific problems in neighborhoods is an important first step for the City to develop solutions. Please take the time to fill out this survey to help us better understand your flooding problem.
Fill the survey out online
Download the survey to fill out
and mail in: